Murray Creative is looking for a Technical Director whose main responsibility is to manage and lead development across multiple projects whilst not being afraid to get their hands dirty actively coding.
This role requires you to work closely with strategists, and account management teams analysing business, technical, and creative requirements in order to determine a project’s technology approach, and work directly with developers to execute cost effective solutions. You will work with lead developers on various sized projects to make sure development is in line with technical requirements, approach and up to our internal standards. You will use experience of latest frameworks and technologies to provide assistance and mentorship to juniors on the team to nurture their skills and career development. As Technical Director you will contribute to internal processes and methodologies to keep not only development teams driving forward with technical innovation, but also the agency as a whole.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science/related technical discipline OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a technical lead role, particularly in a web/digital agency environment.
- Be a EU citizen or hold a valid work visa to work in Ireland.
- Keep abreast of latest tech developments to improve on our technical abilities, and contribute fresh ideas to our business strategy.
- Work with the account management and business development teams on the technical aspect of the preparation and presentation of pitches, proposals, and projects, translating them into technical specifications.
- Analyze clients’ needs, ensuring that they fit with business objectives and can be delivered with the available resources and budget, whilst ensuring our quality standards.
- Responsible for the technical approach across projects, actively engaging in hands-on development as the lead developer, and providing code reviews throughout product life-cycles.
- Nurture the development of junior team members and contribute to processes within the technical team and agency as a whole.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong people management and communication skills – verbal and written – specifically an ability to write clear concise proposals, reports and presentations.
- Good knowledge of project management tools, issue/bug tracking (e.g. JIRA, Teamwork Projects, Github, etc)
- Fluent in responsive design, UI patterns, and mobile web development.
- Ability to implement pixel perfect design in clean semantic HTML, CSS (Sass) and JS.
- Experience developing ECommerce solutions using WooCommerce/Magento.
- Strong knowledge of building custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch.
- Proficiency in at least one of the popular JS web framework e.g Ember, React, Vue, Angular.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs via AJAX.
- Strong knowledge relational databases, PHP, and OOP.
- Experience using modern development tools (such as NPM, Gulp, Webpack, Bower).
- Proficient using Git (Github, BitBucket) for version control.
- Competency working with the Command Line.
Good to Have
Having any of the following skills would be highly beneficial but aren’t a requirement:
- Experience with testing methodologies such as TDD and BDD.
- Node JS application development.
- Mobile Application Development (IOS/Android).
- Experience with other CMS’ such as Craft, Expression Engine etc.
- Experience with Arduino or Raspberry PI development.